- Now serving her second year as Children's Poet Laureate, Mary Ann Hoberman is scheduled to give her last official reading in the post on May 3, 2010 at the University of New Orleans.
- The newspaper column, created by former Poet Laureate Ted Kooser, annually reaches more than three million readers.
- Programming includes poetry films, tours, readings, educational resources, Q&A with poets, new iPhone app, and poetry recitation contest.
- New Season of Poetry Everywhere Arrives on Public Television Accompanied By New iPhone App.
- The Poetry Foundation, publisher of Poetry magazine, is excited to announce that its Chicago Poetry Tour is a finalist for a National Magazine Award in Digital Media in the category of “Multimedia Feature or Package.”
- The Harriet Monroe Poetry Institute convened a panel of poets, publishers, and experts from the fields of media, law, and technology to examine issues related to the access of poetry on the Internet and related new media. The full report on the project, including a series of recommendations for poets and publishers, is freely available at www.poetryfoundation.org/institute.
- In his annual report to the poetry community, John Barr reviews the programs and activities of the Poetry Foundation over the last five years.
- The Poetry Foundation announces a diverse and exciting series of events for Spring 2010.