For further information, please contact:
Sarah Dodson, Managing Editor
Tel (312) 787-7070 Ext. 8015; fax (312) 787-6650
Poetry Foundation Advertising
Principles and Guidelines
Effective beginning with the January 2016 issue of POETRY
All advertising is accepted subject to the approval of The Poetry Foundation. The Poetry Foundation reserves the right to revise or reject, in whole or in part, any copy submitted for publication. Advertisements are accepted upon the representation that the Advertiser and its agencies are authorized to publish the contents thereof.
- Pre-payment is required. The advertiser and advertising agency are jointly and separately responsible for payment. Ads will be pulled at the discretion of the Publisher for non-payment.
- Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and check or money order. No cash.
- Publisher is not obligated to print ads unless paid in advance. Alternative payment arrangements must be acknowledged in writing by Publisher.
- Advertisers account must be in good standing before advertisement will be accepted.
- Cancellations or changes cannot be made after the ad closing date — all cancellations must be submitted in writing. A 25% reservation fee will be charged on all cancellations before ad closing date.
- Advertisements will not be accepted if: Company has an outstanding balancing, has had a prior balance written off or has been sent to collections by PF. Any outstanding account balances or write offs must be paid in full along with the current advertisement pre-paid before ad will be placed.
- If copy is received after deadline, Poetry Foundation will not be held responsible for errors.
- The positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher, except when the Publisher acknowledges a specific placement in writing.
- Publisher is not liable for the delay in delivery and/or non-delivery in the event of an act of God, action of government, fire, flood, riot, explosion, transportation interruption of any kind or any condition beyond the control of the Publisher affecting production or delivery.
- Advertisers will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Publisher from any claims and all loss, expense, or liability arising out of the publication of any Advertising copy. An authorized company representative must sign the contract.
|Issue||Space Reservation||Camera-Ready Copy|
|January||Oct. 15||Nov. 15|
|February||Nov. 15||Dec. 15|
|March||Dec. 15||Jan. 15|
|April||Jan. 15||Feb. 15|
|May||Feb. 15||Mar. 15|
|June||Mar. 15||Apr. 15|
|July-Aug.||Apr. 15||May 15|
|September||Jun. 15||Jul. 15|
|November||Aug. 15||Sep. 15|
|December||Sep. 15||Oct. 1|
|Frequency (must be ordered before first insertion)|
|The not-for-profit discount cannot be combined with any other discount.|
|Full Page||97.7 mm x 178.6 mm|
|Half Page Horizontal||97.7 mm x 86 mm|
|If copy must be set, composition charges, to which discounts do not apply, will be billed at $300.|
SPACE CANNOT BE CANCELLED AFTER COPY DEADLINE.
If copy deadline is not met, proofs cannot be furnished.
The editors reserve the right to approve all copy.
VISA and MasterCard accepted.
RATE CARD NO. 28 - FOR ALL ORDERS RECEIVED AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2007