- Free performance features Children’s Poet Laureate Mary Ann Hoberman accompanied by acclaimed pianist Kuang-Hao Huang.
- New Mexico poet Lorraine Schechter, also an artist and educator, will read on Saturday, June 12.
- A new collaboration between Poetry magazine and Poetry International Web brings the best contemporary American poetry to a global audience.
- New app turns iPhone into virtual poetry library of more than 1,400 complete poems by classic and contemporary poets from William Shakespeare to César Vallejo to Heather McHugh.
High school student receives $20,000 award in national poetry recitation contest.
- Award-winning actor John Leguizamo to host tonight’s competition
- Award-winning actor John Leguizamo hosts the national finals of the 2010 Poetry Out Loud Competition at Lisner Auditorium on the George Washington University Campus, 730 21st Street NW, in Washington, DC, on Tuesday, April 27, at 7:00 PM. No tickets or reservations are required.
- The Poetry Foundation announced today that it has begun construction of a new home that will be Chicago’s first building dedicated solely to the art form of poetry and the first permanent venue for Poetry magazine in its nearly 100-year history in the city.
53 students who emerge from a field of nearly 325,000 competitors nationwide will gather in Washington, DC, on April 26 and 27 to vie for thetitle of Poetry Out Loud National Champion and $50,000 in awards.
- Award recognizes lifetime accomplishment with $100,000 prize.