- The updated site features the full archive of Poetry magazine dating back to 1912 and a richer, faster browsing experience, among other improvements.
- Poetry Foundation and HBO debut A Child’s Garden of Poetry on April 28; the program features readings by celebrities, poets, and children.
- Founded by former U.S. Poet Laureate Ted Kooser, the project that brings free poetry content to newspapers around the country.
- A range of programming is offered, including discussion groups, poetry films, redesigned website, community resources, recitation contest, and readings.
- Poetry is a finalist for a National Magazine Award in the category of “General Excellence, Print.”
- This April, the short poetry film series returns to public television and the Web with a broad spectrum of poetic voices.
- The Poetry magazine podcast has won the National Magazine Award for Digital Media in the “Podcasting” category. This is the first Ellie for the Poetry Foundation, which was previously nominated in 2010 in the category of “Multimedia Feature or Package” for the Chicago Poetry Tour.
- The Poetry magazine podcast is a finalist in the National Magazine Awards for Digital Media. The Digital ‘Ellie,’ awarded by the American Society of Magazine Editors, recognizes innovations in magazine media.
- The book includes essays by noted poets and community leaders who discuss the inventive ways they’ve introduced poetry to diverse communities, as well as a flexible toolkit for individuals and organizations interested in bringing poetry into their own communities.
- The Code aims to better facilitate poetic innovation and distributionby both clarifying fair use and anticipating potential clearance issues.