- Eliza Griswold, Anna Maria Hong, Laura Kasischke, Idra Novey, Miller Oberman, Randall Mann, Joshua Mehigan, Seamus Murphy and Michael Robbins are the winners of eight awards for contributions to Poetry over the past year.
- On Saturday, August 3, the Poetry Foundation hosts the second annual Children’s Poetry Day, featuring crafts, music, PBS's Arthur, and other activities.
- This year’s annual celebration of literary culture and printmaking will be held on Saturday, July 27, at the Hubbard Street Lofts, 1821 West Hubbard Street, from noon to 6pm.
- Poetry magazine’s July/August 2013 issue includes new writing by the late Chicago film critic Roger Ebert.
- With this new endowment, the current $15,000 Ruth Lilly Poetry Fellowship prize will nearly double, thereby giving five young poets a more auspicious start to their careers. The newly enhanced prize will be named the Ruth Lilly and Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Fellowships.
- Shame Every Rose: Images of Afghanistan, a photography exhibition currently on view at the Poetry Foundation gallery, 61 West Superior Street, displays the works of photographer and filmmaker Seamus Murphy and complements the June issue of Poetry magazine, “Landays.”
- Poet Kenn Nesbitt will serve as the next Children’s Poet Laureate: Consultant in Children’s Poetry to the Poetry Foundation.
- The Poetry Foundation is pleased to announce Don Share as the next editor of Poetry magazine.
- Poetry's June 2013 issue, “Landays," is dedicated entirely to poetry composed by and circulated among Afghan women.
- The Poetry Foundation, publisher of Poetry magazine, is pleased to announce that Poetry is now available through a digital subscription starting with the May 2013 issue.