The Trivia of Book Awards
Thursday night, the Los Angeles Times Book Prize nominees were announced . . . in New York. The poetry finalists are:
• Erin Belieu for Black Box (Copper Canyon Press)
• Adrian C. Louis for Logorrhea (TriQuarterly Books/Northwestern University Press)
• Thom Satterlee for Burning Wyclif (Texas Tech University Press)
• Frederick Seidel for Ooga-Booga (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
• Michael Waters for Darling Vulgarity (BOA Editions)
Ooga-Booga (also nominated for the National Book Critics Circle Award) makes us ask this trivia question: Name another poetry collection in which the second word differs from the first by only one letter (either one more, one less, or one different).
Ed Park is the author of the novel Personal Days (Random House, 2008) and a founding editor of The Believer. His work most recently appears in Bound to Last: 30 Writers on Their Most Cherished Book (Da Capo). He blogs at The Dizzies.