UBUWEB :: Featured Resources December 2007
UbuWeb Featured Resources: December 2007
Selected by Alejandra & Aeron
1. The Films of Toshio Matsumoto (all, especially Weavers, Mothers, Ki, and Sway)
2. The Films of Jack Goldstein (all, especially MGM, Bone China, and the 7" Records with Sound Effects.)
3. Marie Mencken "Glimpse of the Garden" (1957)
4. Peter Campus "Three Transitions" (1973)
5. Edgard Varêse and Le Corbusier "Poême électronique" (1958)
6. Kristin Oppenheim "Selected Audio Works 1994-1997"
7. David Grubbs' Soundworks
8. Pandit Pran Nath "Ragas of Morning and Night"
9. I.B.M. 7090 - Music From Mathematics
10. "Tagasode" Edo period, 17th century
11. Hidatsa: Lean Wolf's Complaint
12. Penelope Umbrico (especially Arrhythmia (All The Dishes On Ebay) and Your Choice)
Aeron Bergman and Alejandra Salinas are artists whose work meets aesthetics and politics. They currently live and work in Oslo where Bergman is head professor of the digital department at the Art Academy of Oslo, Norway, and special advisor to the Nordic Sound Art Master program, a joint program between the major Scandinavian art academies. The artist duo have done major installations at art centers such as Centre d´Arte Santa Monica in Barcelona, Taipei Fine Art Museum, ICC Tokyo and the Serralves Museum in Porto; and sound performances around the world such as the Palais de Tokyo in Paris, the Knitting Factory in New York, and the CCCB in Barcelona; as well as running the sound art publisher Lucky Kitchen.
Kenneth Goldsmith's writing has been called some of the most "exhaustive and beautiful collage work yet produced in poetry" by Publishers Weekly. Goldsmith is the author of eight books of poetry, founding editor of the online archive UbuWeb (http://ubu.com), and the editor I'll Be Your Mirror: The Selected Andy Warhol...