Articles By ABIGAIL DEUTSCH
- 100 Years of Poetry: The Magazine and War
A historical look at the role of poetry in wartime.
- Beware the Dog
How the African-American literary organization Cave Canem came to be.
- In the Penile Colony
Michael Robbins's Alien vs. Predator and A. E. Stallings's Olives
- Let Fly the Splendor
Adrian Blevin’s Live from the Homesick Jamboree and H.L. Hix’s Incident Light.
In Baltimore, Edgar Allan Poe gets the funerals he deserves.
- Oh, hi there, reader! Hello!
Matthew Zapruder’s Come On All You Ghosts, Vera Pavlova’s If There is Something to Desire, and Kristin Naca’s Bird Eating Bird.
- The Bee’s News: Four Books
Martha Zweig’s Monkey Lightning, Terrance Hayes’s Lighthead, Joanie Mackowski’s View from a Temporary Window, and Sandra Beasley’s I Was the Jukebox.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Good Bad
Our ongoing fascination with terrible poetry.
- Three Books
Thread by Michael Palmer, All This Could Be Yours by Joshua Trotter, and Money Shot by Rae Armantrout.
Blog Posts By ABIGAIL DEUTSCH
- A Walk Across the Brooklyn Bridge with Poets House
- Native Innovation at Poets House
- saying goodbye
- what's cooking at poets house
- doing time, and rhyme, with "invictus"
More blog posts by Abigail Deutsch (19 posts)
- ghosts and anne carson haunt nyu
- Marianne Moore in the Village Voice
- lost poets and found poetry in washington, d.c.
- dubious poetry: the palin comparison
- second sex takes second place?
- Writing on the wall
- literary gatherings: a schmoozer's guide
- Nabokov trundles back up the lane
- Vendler, vidi, vici
- And how should I begin?
- Poetry is dead! Long live poetry!
- In memoriam: William Safire, a gem of a wordsmith
- “The” “age” “of” “genius”
- Keats lives! (for a while)