Ange Mlinko is currently an Assistant Professor in the University of Houston Creative Writing Program.
Poems By ANGE MLINKO
Articles By ANGE MLINKO
- "Information, Thy Nemesis is Reverie"
How Devin Johnston and Linda Gregg chase the Romantic.
- 100 Years of Poetry: May Swenson and the Life of Publication
Can visionary poetry be edited?
- A Few Leaves of Salted Rocket
The woman wants a salad.
- Altman, Keillor, and the Suicide Poet Girl
Our reviewer hoped for a reflection of her adolescent poet-self in A Prairie Home Companion. She was bummed.
- Anne Finch, Countess of Winchilsea: “The Answer”
How poetry became the 18th century’s social media network.
- As If Nature Talked Back To Me
- Clamor and Quiet
- Craft Vs. Conscience
How the Vietnam War destroyed the friendship between Robert Duncan and Denise Levertov.
- Geoffrey Hill: “On Reading Crowds and Power”
A poet’s poet investigates the power of his readers.
- Gerard Manley Hopkins: “The Windhover”
A rapturous re-reading of the poet's love poem to life.
- Letter from Beirut
Is there such a thing as a “global poet”?
- More Than Meets the I
- Off Center
Ange Mlinko on Lynette Roberts.
- Philip Sidney: Astrophil and Stella 63 (“O Grammar rules…”)
An Elizabethan plays a Modernist language game
- Safer Than Ambien
Reconsidering Elizabeth Bishop.
- The Eighties, Glory Of
Fourth in a series of eight manifestos.
- This Is Your Brain On Poetry
Can neuroscience help us understand what makes a good poem?
- Three Books: An Exchange
Carmine Starnino's Lazy Bastardism, Glyn Maxwell's On Poetry, and Mary Ruefle's Madness, Rack, and Honey.
Audio & PodcastsPoem of the Day The Poetry Magazine Podcast
Loneliness Rhymes and Slippery Slopes
Poems from Jane Mead, Bob Hicok, Rachel Wetzsteon, and Eleanor Ross Taylor; Ange Mlinko discusses poetry and the brain.
Something Has Come Between Us!
Is simile a species of metaphor? And other catchy concepts.
We Don't Have Cold Feet
The editors discuss poems from Katia Kapovich, Lucia Perillo, Don Paterson and more. Plus, Ange Mlinko on poetry and motherhood.
Romantic or Plain Erotic
Talking Valentine's Day poems with Ange Mlinko.