Chana Bloch is the author of four books of poems: The Secrets of the Tribe, The Past Keeps Changing, Mrs. Dumpty, and Blood Honey. She is co-translator of the biblical Song of Songs as well as contemporary Israeli poetry—most recently The Selected Poetry of Yehuda Amichai and his Open Closed Open, and Hovering at a Low Altitude: The Collected Poetry of Dahlia Ravikovitch. Among her awards are the Poetry Society of America's Di Castagnola Award, the Felix Pollak Prize in Poetry, and the 2012 Meringoff Poetry Award.
Poems By CHANA BLOCH
Translated By Chana Bloch
- A Child is Something Else Again
- A Letter of Recommendation
- I Wasn’t One of the Six Million: And What Is My Life Span? Open Closed Open
- It's Been a While Since They Asked
- Jews in the Land of Israel
- Poem Without an End
- The Amen Stone
- The Love of an Orange | Translator's Notes
- The School Where I Studied
- The Second Trying | Translator's Notes
Articles By CHANA BLOCH
- My Sessions with Mark
Mark O’Brien, a poet, journalist, and friend of mine, was confined to an iron lung. But his mind was free.