Craig Santos Perez
Craig Santos Perez is a native Chamoru from the Pacific Island of Guåhan/Guam. He is the co-founder of Ala Press, co-star of the poetry album Undercurrent (Hawai’i Dub Machine, 2011), and author of three collections of poetry: from unincorporated territory [hacha] (Tinfish Press, 2008), from unincorporated territory [saina](Omnidawn, 2010), and from unincorporated territory [guma'] (Omnidawn, 2014). He has been a finalist for the LA Times 2010 Book Prize for Poetry and the winner of the 2011 PEN Center USA Literary Award for Poetry.
He is director of the Creative Writing program and an assistant professor of English at the University of Hawai’i, Manoa, where he teaches Pacific literature and creative writing. He maintains his own blog, and has blogged for Harriet.
Poems By CRAIG SANTOS PEREZ
Blog Posts By CRAIG SANTOS PEREZ
- Why I love being a poet
- Poetry, Politics, and Letters to the Empire
- The Indigenous Sovereign Imaginary
- Poetry Parnassus, the London 2012 Olympics, and Decolonization
- Poetry at the Indigenous Studies Conference
More blog posts by Craig Santos Perez (46 posts)
- “Ola Nā Iwi (The Bones Live)": Indigenous Continuity & Native Voices
- I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by Facebook
- Conference Spotlight: Native American Literature Symposium (Part 2)
- Conference Spotlight: The Native American Literature Symposium (Part 1)
- "A Woman with Shamanic Agency"
- Press Spotlight: Kahuaomanoa Press
- Poet Spotlight: John Murillo
- Literary Journal Spotlight: Breach
- Poet Spotlight: Lyz Soto
- Editor Spotlight: Iris Law
- sleepless in seattle and berkeley students fight over poetry!
- "Whitewashing American Hybrid Aesthetics"
- i survived AWP and all you get is this lousy blogpost
- Why Poets Should Find Jobs Outside Academia
- The Negative Culture of Book Reviewing
- a final hafa adai from guahan & a farewell
- the poet-carabao (days 3 & 4 in guam)
- where in the world is craig santos perez?
- Anthology Spotlight: The Space Between: Negotiating Culture, Place, and Identity in the Pacific
- Graphic Poetry Spotlight: Jai Arun Ravine's The Spiderboi Files
- Teachability, Pedagogy, and Why You Can Easily Find My Book At Used Bookstores
- Conference Spotlight: Native American Literature Symposium
- Chapbook Spotlight: Calaveras
- Small Press Spotlight: Scapegoat Press
- Poetry, Politics, & Why I am Not an Activist
- A Baby Picture, Author Photos, & My Second Book has been Published!
- 'Al Que Quiere,' A Bilingual MFA, Multilingual Poetics, and the 'in English' Only Poetry Contest
- Translation, Conceptualism, Exoticism, Imperialism, & Why Kenneth Goldsmith isn't as Charming as David Larsen
- Tranvestisizing, Post-Total Translation, & a Parable
- Community, Awaiting Moderation, & Why I Heart Truong Tran
- O the Mid-life Horror! O the Humanities!
- Do You Want to Win Free Books?
- Gender, (Race), & Poetry (Part 2): Numbers & Unnumbered Trouble
- Gender & Poetry (Part 1): 'Why Don't More Women Do Blog-Oriented Writing?'
- Flarf is Officially Dead & Stop Laughing at 'Cock'!
- Who's Afraid of Belinda Blurb? & A Bad Case of Epigraphilia
- 'Spic Up!' & why 'US Hispanics Don't Count'
- Po-Money, Po-Problems, & a Po-Stimulus
- 'Afro Picks,' Publisher's Weekly, & the Racialized Pun
- "Where Have All the Bloggers Gone