Daisy Fried is the author of Women's Poetry: Poems and Advice (2013), My Brother is Getting Arrested Again (2006) and She Didn’t Mean to Do It (2000), all from University of Pittsburgh Press. She was awarded Poetry’s Editors Prize for Feature Article in 2009.
Poems By DAISY FRIED
Articles By DAISY FRIED
- A Fusillade of Question Marks
Jasmine Donahay’s Self-portrait as Ruth, Ciaran Carson’s Collected Poems, Chelsey Minnis’s Poemland, and Peter Campion's The Lions.
- All My Pretty Hates
Reconsidering Charles Baudelaire.
- An Omnivorous Sign
The many modes of Michael Hofmann.
- Does Poetry Have a Social Function?
- Essay: Poetry On the Web
- Not Yet
Daisy Fried on Kenneth Fearing.
- Sing, God-awful Muse!
On Milton and the Nipple Nazi of Northampton.
- Specimen Days
Roy Fisher’s Selected Poems, Laura Kasischke’s Space, In Chains, and Susan Howe’s That This.
- Who Needs to Hear A Quagga’s Voice?
Two poets look past their bewilderment in a damaged world.
Blog Posts By DAISY FRIED
- Baroqueness: Gertrude Stein, C.K. Williams, John Donne, Peter Paul Rubens, John Milton, Frank O’Hara
- The Poetess Returns
- So Why Am I Blogging? In which I don’t answer that question.
- Tony Hoagland's "The Change"
More blog posts by Daisy Fried (65 posts)
- Code Coda
- Adventures in Parenting: Metaphor, Painting and Narrative for Pre-Schoolers
- Questions I Don't Understand #2
- Questions I Don't Understand #1
- “…like a bird of prey, the profile of night…”
- Everything Lives, Everything Dances, Everything Sings
- Arcs and Arcoholics
- Mom and Supermom
- Just the Crisis
- Why Does the Poem Work?: Rachel Loden’s “What the Gravedigger Needs”
- The Malfunction Malfunctions Malfunctioned
- Today's Imperative: John McAuliffe
- Billboard Koan, Shitty Namaste
- Don't Wax the Poem
- Fish’s Night Song
- Prufrock Moment
- Phillies! Phillies! Phillies!
- GO PHILLIES!!!!
- Vitriol in the Arts
- Good Doggerel
- The Pure Products of France
- Arson, a Recipe
- Opening Day
- Questions for Fady Joudah
- Mother Goose is a Goth: A Found Poem
- Smokers of Paper/Workers of the World
- Is Jeremiah Wright Working for John McCain?: A Non-Poetry Post
- On the Floor With Kitschy Rumi
- Nasty Habits
- American Classics
- Malicious Feelgood
- Turquoise Dress
- Joseph Torra’s Call Me Waiter
- Why We Read Poems
- Truth and Clarity
- A Poetry of Pigs
- Found Theory
- Evidence, But of What?, a Mini-Essay on Form
- The Bride-Choosing
- Good Night, Sweet Ladies: A Thought About Slightness
- The Anatomy of Pleasure
- My Favorite Word
- Pictures I Didn't Take and Pictures I Did
- Why Actors Stink
- Miltonheads Unite!
- Bits: Reading Around
- On Poetry
- Happy Valentine's Day
- Reading Rexroth in Rome
- Read This: Tonino Guerra’s Abandoned Places
- Measureless Pleasure, Measureless Pain: Alicia Ostriker's Men
- Monday Manifesto
- On Lying
- “What Abstract Art Means To Me”
- Crabby Thought of the Day
- The Pure Products of America Go Crazy
Audio & PodcastsPoetry Off the Shelf
What's a Man Doing in a Feminist Poem?
Listening to the work of Alicia Ostriker.