Articles By HANNAH BROOKS-MOTL
- Edna St. Vincent Millay: “Renascence”
A Modern poet’s message and her mediums
- Elizabeth Drew Barrow Stoddard: “One morn I left him in his bed”
The child elegy and the 19th-century poetess.
- George Eliot: “I Grant You Ample Leave”
A poet's poem from a novelist-poet.
- George Herbert: “Love (III)”
A 17th-century poet’s project invites its readers to the table
- Gwendolyn Brooks: “kitchenette building”
The Chicago poet transports readers into a dream deferred.
- Learning the Epistolary Poem
Poems that serve as letters to the world
- The Lives of Lorine Niedecker
How important is a poet's biography?
- W.S. Graham: “Dear Bryan Wynter”
How a poem brings language to loss and speaks to the dead.
Audio & PodcastsPoetry Off the Shelf
Charles Darwin Condensed
Lorine Niedecker's take on the great naturalist.