Poems By KATHLEEN ROONEY
Articles By KATHLEEN ROONEY
- 'Miami Hates You'
P. Scott Cunningham on launching a publishing imprint, what a Basque sport has to do with books, and why nothing in Miami is ever settled.
- About the Shark
How do we see ourselves in animals?
- Based on a True Story. Or Not.
Does it matter if a poem that seems autobiographical is actually fictional?
- Beneath His Hat
How Cliven Bundy and cowboy poetry leads us to Wordsworth and Brodsky.
- Ghost hunting with the Dead Poets Society of America
Is dying the best thing that ever happened to poetry?
- High and Low
What we write about when we write about celebrities.
- My Type of Type
The perverse and the personal at the Hamilton Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- Pimp My Poem
Moonlighting at Chicago’s Poetry Brothel.
- Poems While You Wait
The Work of Poetry in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction
- Quality Life
Morgan Parker talks about Twitter, the importance of accountability, and leaving no emotional stone unturned.
- See What You Miss by Being Dead?
Elegy for a suicide in Matt Rasmussen’s Black Aperture.
- The Need for Making
Richard Siken on writing, the joys of painting, and the challenges of publishing his first book in a decade.
Blog Posts By KATHLEEN ROONEY
- “Is this the City? I’m at Western and Augusta, and I need you guys to get a poem out here ASAP.”
- Tell us more about this “project” of yours, Mr. Berryman.
- Ice Cream at Key West Funerals: Is This a Thing?
- “Most poems published are probably not ever going to be any good, as Randall Jarrell and others have observed.”
- Contents: One Acme Poem-Making Kit
More blog posts by Kathleen Rooney (19 posts)
- Type Unread is Dead: A Found Poem about Typography
- Song of Myself(-Publishing): Let People Poems?
- Steel Cage Poem Death Match
- Hey Small Press!
- Talking with the Taxman about Poetry
- Take a picture; it’ll last longer.
- All the ladies in the place with style and grace
- So, uh, what are you wearing?
- Hey ladies in the place, I’m callin’ out to ya.
- Nature is a Haunted House—but Art—a House that tries to be haunted
- Madness. Love. Poetry. Thutt.
- Live in your own time.
- O, Poetry! O, Humanity!
- Brooklyn, NY
Audio & PodcastsPoetry Off the Shelf
Asleep, But Not at Rest
Kathleen Rooney on Weldon Kees and his mysterious poetic character Robinson
Nobody Else is Listening
Kathleen Rooney on the Poetry Brothel, where you can buy a private poetry reading for five bucks a pop.