Young’s own work engages communities of all kinds, as well as cross-genre and hybrid writing, performance, and new media. According to T.C. Marshall, Young’s poetry “works with feeling, fact, and militant action and reflection.” Young teaches at Mills College, where she is also the Graduate Programs director.
In April 2014, Stephanie Young was a featured writer for Harriet.
Blog Posts By STEPHANIE YOUNG
- 'say there was money but it rusted' (live from Blackhawk Island)
- on the small press, part five: 'we invite anyone to come and hang out'
- on the small press, part four: 'more for others'
- on the small press, part three: 'the writers who we have heard at some grimy event'
- on the small press, part two: 'the future is back'