Discover this poem’s context and related poetry, articles, and media.
Poet Walt Whitman 1819–1892
POET’S REGION U.S., Mid-Atlantic
Poems by Walt Whitman
- "Are you the new person drawn toward me?"
- "Out of the rolling ocean the crowd"
- Song of Myself: 35
- Song of Myself: 36
- A March in the Ranks Hard-Prest, and the Road Unknown
More poems by Walt Whitman (39 poems)
- A Noiseless Patient Spider
- from A Passage to India
- As I Ebb’d with the Ocean of Life
- Beat! Beat! Drums!
- Come Up from the Fields Father
- Crossing Brooklyn Ferry
- For You O Democracy
- Gliding O'er All
- I Hear America Singing
- I Saw in Louisiana A Live-Oak Growing
- I Sing the Body Electric
- O Captain! My Captain!
- O Me! O Life!
- O Tan-Faced Prairie-Boy
- On the Beach at Night
- On the Beach at Night Alone
- One's-Self I Sing
- Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking
- Patroling Barnegat
- Sometimes with One I Love
- Song of Myself (1892 version)
- Song of the Open Road
- from The Sleepers
- The World Below the Brine
- The Wound-Dresser
- Time to Come
- To the States,
- Vigil Strange I Kept on the Field one Night
- When I Heard at the Close of the Day
- When I Heard the Learn’d Astronomer
- When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloom’d
- Whoever You Are Holding Me Now in Hand