from constant change figures
FOOTNOTES: Originally published in Bay Poetics, edited by Stephanie Young. Faux Press: Cambridge, MA, 2006.
Lyn Hejinian, "Constant change figures" from Bay Poetics, 2006. Copyright 2006 by Lyn Hejinian. Used with permission of author.
Source: Bay Poetics (Poetry Foundation, 2006)
Discover this poem’s context and related poetry, articles, and media.
Poet Lyn Hejinian b. 1941
POET’S REGION U.S., Western
SCHOOL / PERIOD Language Poetry
Poetic Terms Refrain
Poems by Lyn Hejinian
- Final Section from "Eleven Eyes"
- from My Life: A name trimmed with colored ribbons
- from My Life: Reason looks for two, then arranges it from there
- from The Fatalist: Come October, it's the lake not the border
More poems by Lyn Hejinian (13 poems)
- from The Fatalist: Home whose names are produced by motion
- from The Fatalist: The best words get said frequently‚ they are like fertile pips.
- from The Fatalist: Time is filled with beginners. You are right. Now
- from Writing Is an Aid to Memory: 16.
- from Writing Is an Aid to Memory: 17.
- [A straight rain is rare...]
- [But isn’t midnight intermittent]
- [The water was rising...]