Billy Collins, “Morning” from Picnic, Lightning. Copyright © 1998 by Billy Collins. All rights are controlled by the University of Pittsburgh Press. Reprinted with the permission of the University of Pittsburgh Press, www.pitt.edu/~press/.
Source: Poetry (June 1996).
MORE FROM THIS ISSUE
This poem originally appeared in the June 1996 issue of Poetry magazine
Poems by Billy Collins
More poems by Billy Collins (30 poems)
- Fishing on the Susquehanna in July
- Introduction to Poetry
- Irish Poetry
- Man in Space
- Memorizing “The Sun Rising” by John Donne
- No Time
- Questions About Angels
- Reading an Anthology of Chinese Poems of the Sung Dynasty, I Pause To Admire the Length and Clarity of Their Titles
- Report from the Subtropics
- Snow Day
- Study in Orange and White
- The Breather
- The Chairs That No One Sits In
- The Death of Allegory
- The Parade
- The Wires of the Night
- Writing in the Afterlife
Your results will be limited to content that appeared in Poetry magazine.