A. E. Stallings, “Actaeon” from Hapax. Copyright © 2003, 2006 by A. E. Stallings. Reprinted with the permission of Northwestern University Press, www.nupress.northwestern.edu/.
Source: Poetry (May 2003).
MORE FROM THIS ISSUE
This poem originally appeared in the May 2003 issue of Poetry magazine
Poems by A. E. Stallings
More poems by A. E. Stallings (27 poems)
- Epic Simile
- Extinction of Silence
- Fairy-tale Logic
- Fear of Happiness
- First Miracle
- Implements from the “Tomb of the Poet”
- Sestina: Like
- The Catch
- The Companions of Odysseus in Hades
- The Mother’s Loathing of Balloons
- The Pull Toy
- The Rosehead Nail
- Triolet on a Line Apocryphally Attributed to Martin Luther
- Two Violins
- Written on the eve of my 20th high school reunion, which I was not able to attend
Your results will be limited to content that appeared in Poetry magazine.